Hot Topics

Most Shared

Top Stories

Top Stories

text size

Fire reported in Hummelstown, traced to chimney

Updated: Thursday, December 26 2013, 02:51 PM CST
Posted by: Lauren Gross

HARRISBURG -- Union Deposit Fire Company responded to a residential fire this afternoon.

The department got the call shortly after 5:30 p.m. The residents were home at the time and had been using the chimney for the first time.

The fire started in the chimney and the residents hear a sound coming from upstairs and saw the fire. They tried to extinguish the fire but couldn't and called the fire department, according to Union Deposit Deputy Fire Chief Tom Brumbaugh.

They all got out of the house and no one was injured. The second fire was gutted but the first floor seemed to be OK.Fire reported in Hummelstown, traced to chimney

Advertise with us!

Related Stories

Advertise with us!